A method proposal to prevent the problems like workload, insufficient course quotas etc. for course registration.
- Students register online for courses they want to participate
- System disables registration after a given period
- Chance coefficients are distributed for each course to each registered student
- Students are distributed randomly but with respect to the assigned coefficients in the previous step
To calculate the chance coefficient following issues should be taken into account:
- student’s weighted score with respect to his/her department score
- whether he/she has failed that course before
- whether it is a demand for upper level class
- whether there is an unsuccessful attempt to register in previous registration season
If there are individuals who are not assigned to sufficient number of courses, the process can be repeated with a small increase in quotas where applicable.